Tuesday, February 26, 2008

One of my vices...

I love to sleep diagonally.

There! I said it! I discovered diagonal sleeping the summer after I got married. Being a teacher (almost! I was hired but not working yet-- gotta love June, July, and August!) I didn't have to get up at any certain time. Hubby was working a job painting for the school system, so he got up faithfully each morning at o' dark thirty.

I soon realized that I loved shifting over once he was gone until I was laying from one corner of the bottom of the bed, to the opposite top corner. Heaven!

I can't really describe what is so different about diagonal sleep... maybe it's deeper, more fulfilling? Maybe I enjoy hogging the whole bed and sprawling myself out like a selfish cat? Maybe I like that diagonal sleep usually occurs after I wake up and realize I can sleep some more?

I don't really know why this secret pleasure of mine exists. I really haven't ever told anyone about it (save Hubby) until last weekend. You see, I discovered a kindred spirit! Another woman I know from church told me how much she loves to sleep diagonally! What? You too? I thought that no one but myself...

What's your secret little vice?

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

my vice...

...

nuff said

Anonymous said...

Since we're confessing, I would never really choose and emty bed vs. having my hubby there... However, one of the perks to him being out of town or leaving early is getting to move to the middle! I slightly overlap the two pillows and enjoy the best sleep ever! Its the little things in life, right?

Erin said...

I'm trying to think of one...i'm stuck

Shelley said...

My hubby gets up a 'o dark thirty every day during the school year, leaving me in bed for another 2 hours (bliss). I do the very same thing! I either rotate for the full diagonal or assume my pike position with legs going out to make me an L-shape. It is fabulous (for me, not so much for him). :)