Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October 15th

Today is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Day.

Unbeknownest (I don't think I've ever used that word before!) to most people in my life, I lost a baby between Bug and my current pregnancy. I only knew I was pregnant for a few days before I miscarried, but it was probably the saddest loss I've ever faced. God saw fit to bless us with another pregnancy relatively quickly, which made the months past the miscarriage easier to bear. My heart hurts for women who carry their babies for much longer than five weeks only to have to say goodbye. I trust that God is sovereign (a lot easier said than done!)

The blog world is full of stories of infant loss and aching hearts. So many women have empty arms due to miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant loss. If you know someone who has lost a baby, take time to pray for them today, send them an encouraging email, or give them a hug.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hugs and prayers.

I have read about this on several blogs today - such an important thing to take time to stop and think of those who have suffered this loss.

Michelle M. said...

Thanks for sharing this. I lost a baby this past spring- about 6 weeks along. I haven't told many people at all. Not even my family (besides my husband). I think I didn't/don't really know how to deal with it. I guess it just takes time.

Rose Casell said...

We were so early on in our first pregnancy but I still think of our lil baby. . .
Hugs!