Monday, January 5, 2009

Six years ago today...



...Hubby and I started dating. Yee-haw!

We've been busy in six years... we dated for a year and a half, got engaged in July 2004, got married in May 2005, got pregnant in September 2006, had Bug in June 2007, got pregnant in March 2008 and had Little Man in November 2008.

We've celebrated Christmases and birthdays, Mother's Days and Father's Days. Cried when appropriate (OK, OK... while pregnant anytime could be deemed appropriate), laughed until we ached. Hugged and kissed, prayed and worked.

It feels like we've traveled a million miles in six short/long years and we're still good for a few million more. I could never have dreamed on January 4, 2003 that the man asking me to be his girlfriend would become so much more to me than a boyfriend.
I love you Hubby Wubby Boo Boo Boo Boo Bear!

May he kiss me with the kisses of his mouth!
For your love is better than (Pepsi).
Song of Solomon 1:2

parenthesis mine

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Yes. This is Carrie here and I would just like to say that I remember one cold, winter day in Boone I was waiting for someone right outside of Welborn and saw you and Stover walking on Stanford (or was it Sanford?)Lawn right when yall first started dating. :) I also have a video of you guys on top of Howards Knob (I think that's where it was... clearly it's been a while since I've been to Boone). But Sheila, you're shouting to the camera: "I'm in love, I'm in love and I don't care who knows it." So sweet.

I'm so happy that I knew yall when you first started dating :)

Unknown said...

Love that "quote" at the end. Congrats.

Aartee said...

Congratulations! It's amazing how time flies right? High school feels like years ago!

Windot said...

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. HA! Just picking!!! I LOVE YOU TWO!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i loved this post! it made my heart smile! you are good at all that mom and wife stuff...how did you get so good at it?. i need help! probably should start with finding a good man...but they're hard to find

Shelley said...

Awwwww. Warm fuzzies to you and Boo Boo Bear. And to Bug and Little Man too. Thanks for sharing and for dropping by. You have an awfully big year coming up. I can't wait to see God show off for you some more.

AudreyO said...

Happy anniversary (sort of). I met my husband, was engaged before the end of a year, was married before the end of another year and had a childre 13 months after that. Yep, sometimes life can happen quickly.