Sunday, August 22, 2010

Make Your Own Iced Coffee

I have been making my own iced coffee, and it is such a treat in the mornings, I thought I'd share how I do it.  It's super easy and the taste can be manipulated however you wish.  I make a whole pitcher-full and it lasts a few days.  (My pitcher holds 2 liters.)

  • 3 TBSP dry instant coffee

  • 3 TBSP sugar

  • 3 TBSP vanilla creamer (or any creamer, or hot chocolate mix, or caramel syrup, or whatever you want to flavor with)

  • hot water

  • one liter of milk


I mix the coffee, sugar, and creamer in the bottom of the pitcher, cover with hot water and stir.  (I don't actually measure the water.)  This recipe is art, not science!

Then I add a liter of milk.

And stir again.  I keep my coffee in the fridge and serve over ice cubes.

Like it sweeter?  Add more sugar.  Like it plainer?  Leave out the creamer.  Prefer a frappuccino?  Toss some of this coffee into the blender with some ice.  That's the great part about such an easy treat, you can easily change it!  So what're you waiting for?

No comments: