Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mid-Week Momfessions

I yell at my kids.

I hate it and I wish I didn't. I don't everyday. But sometimes (OK, probably once a week) I have a didn't-read-my-Bible-woke-up-twice-to-nurse-the-baby-last-night-have-a-monster-headache-and-I'm-just-plain-ol'-sinful kinda day and they do things that irritate me act like children, and I just snap and I yell at them.

Honestly, there's probably not much worse in the world than the quivering of their little chins after I yell at them. The look in their tear-filled eyes after I raise my voice and let them have it.

I'm working on it. Through God's grace I can hopefully overcome this nasty habit. I want to show them grace and teach them how to gracefully react to others, and yelling is not the way I want to accomplish that.

Hi, I'm Sheila. And I yell at my kids.

Have a momfession of your own? Blog about it and link up here!


1 comment:

Sharra Cauler said...

Oh man, that post could have been written by me. I catch myself all the time and immediately feel regret. I like to think that little children have short term memories, but I know that isn't true when my 4 year old asks me why I'm wearing the bathing suit that belonged to my younger sister LAST year.