Friday, March 9, 2012

Only a Day Away...

Doodlebug crawled into a full bathtub tonight in his pajamas. I had already bathed him, removed him, toweled him off, diapered and dressed him. I guess he thought he wasn't done playing.

Some other bug of mine* has had three pee accidents in two days.

This mess was waiting for me when I got out of the shower this morning:
I am so glad God designed parenthood to be a tag-team effort.

Sometimes it's easy to take our husbands for granted-- laugh at their different methods, belittle their effort to "help", and deem ourselves the most capable parent of the home.

I tell you what, take Hubby away and I feel pretty darn incapable. Sure, he does stuff differently (like leaving the house without brushing his daughter's hair), but at least when he's here someone can supervisor the monsters while I stand in a stream of hot water and wake up. I don't have to give bath, clean the kitchen up, and get everyone jammied before 8pm all by myself. Someone can clean up the kid who peed his pants while the other can start the laundry and locate and mop up the pee-puddle.

What a blessing to have a partner in this awesome misadventure of parenthood! I'm so glad my love will return tomorrow afternoon! (Rumor has it he's bringing presents too-- help with the kids and fun gifts??? What's not to love?)

*Name withheld to protect the guilty.

No comments: