Thursday, April 12, 2012

::Link Love::

{The Secret Sterlization of Women in Uzbekistan} http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17612550
          Absolutely heart-wrenching. It's so easy if you live in the West to pretend the whole world is OK and atrocities against humans don't happen anymore... not true. Eye opening article. 

          Love this. Want to seek to be more of a "loser" in my marriage.

          Yes. Need to work on this...

          Again, yes. I need to work on this...

          Most days it feels like an uphill battle to disengage my parenting from "culture" and try to be biblical in the way I teach and relate to my children. It's good to remember my goal is not for the world to think I am a good parent (whatever that means to them!) but to point my children to Christ.

          This.is.so.me. Just letting go and playing with my children (not directing their play or encouraging their independent play) is SO hard for me.

          Such a good reminder why the "little things" are actually big things that matter very much!

          If you live overseas, this is a great read! Ten years from now when I look at my life now, I will probably not remember all the little things that got under my skin and irritated me about living overseas-- I will remember the good things, the fun things, the memorable things.


{Why the City is a wonderful Place to Raise Children} http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2012/02/15/why-the-city-is-a-wonderful-place-to-raise-children/
          Such encouragement for those of us seeking to raise kids in big cities!



1 comment:

glenna marshall said...

thanks, sheila! loved the one about the world not thinking you're a good parent. needed that!