Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Trade-Off

Instead of being at church, I'm here. Blogging with sick baby in tow.

Instead of sleeping all night, I got up twice to comfort, console, feed, and pacify.

Instead of wearing nice pants and a sweater, I'm wearing vomited-on sweat pants with pink medicine spill accents and an old T-shirt.

Instead of showering this morning, I cuddled my sick baby.

Instead of doing my hair and make-up, I played on the floor with books and blocks and a stuffed bunny.

Instead of having a great breakfast, I split a banana with the Bug.

Instead of seeing a movie I like, we're going to watch Toy Story.

Instead of going out for Sunday lunch, we're going to have left-overs at home.

Did I mention I wouldn't trade being a mommy for anything?

1 comment:

Musings of a Housewife said...

I totally know what you mean. Ain't motherhood grand? ;-)