Monday, March 3, 2008

Day of Rest

There is nothing like taking Sunday to do nothing...

OK, honestly I've probably never really "rested" like God intended the seventh day! I have started having Olivia's "Quiet Times" right after breakfast with her. I desire for her to desire the Word of God and a personal relationship with Jesus, and I hope by building a habit in her of seeking the Lord during a special time each day, she will fall madly in love with Him and serve Him.

Anyway, after breakfast we grab the Bible Stories for Bedtime book (I think it came from the Dollar Tree-- I love the Dollar Tree, but that's a post for another day!) and I read her one of the stories while she sits in my lap. We "talk" about the story, and then we spend a few minutes praying.

This week (since we just started) the stories we about Creation and the Fall. I have enjoyed thinking about these familiar passages with new eyes as I imagine how my daughter will receive them. I love the part about God resting on the seventh day. How neat! If the Creator God of the universe needed to relax after His busy week, I definitely need to keep that time sacred!

1 comment:

Erin said...

More than anyone I know, watching you and Olivia makes me so excited about being a mom one day!