Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Encouraging...

This morning I had a MOPS meeting and one of our lovely coordinators, DeAnne, asked me to share a short devotional. I thought I was going to share one verse, but last night just really found myself feeling like I should share Isaiah 40:25-26, 28-31.

"To whom then will you liken Me
That I would be his equal?" says the Holy One.
Lift up your eyes on high
And see who has created these stars,
The One who leads forth their host by number,
He calls them all by name;
Because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power,
Not one of them is missing.
Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth
Does not become weary or tired
His understanding is inscrutable.
He gives strength to the weary,
And to him who lacks might He increases power.
Though youths grow weary and tired,
And vigorous young men stumble badly,
Yet those who wait for the LORD
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.

I'm tired, y'all. Hubby came home yesterday and asked, "So what did you do today?" I just had to laugh because there was clean laundry (unfolded) piled up, dirty dishes around the sink (Oh to have a dishwasher!), I was still in my pajamas and there were toys everywhere.

It feels like no matter how motivated I get, or how great of a house-keeping "system" I devise, I just can't keep up. It probably doesn't help that I nap when Bug does lately instead of working, but I just can't make it without a little snooze!

I was so comforted by this passage that the Creator of the ends of the earth, the Keeper of the stars, is ready to give me strength if I will wait on Him. This tired mommy is so glad I have Him on my side!

(If you're a mom of children birth through kindergarten, I highly recommend finding a MOPS group near you. The friendship and fun is priceless!)

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

Today I left some dishes dirty,
The bed got made around 3:30.
The diapers soaked a little longer,
The odor grew a little stronger.
The crumbs I spilled the day before
Are staring at me from the floor.
The fingerprints there on the wall
Will likely be there still next fall.
The dirty streaks on those windowpanes
Will still be there next time it rains.
Shame on you, you sit and say,
Just what did you do today?
I held a baby till he slept,
I held a toddler while she wept.
I played a game of hide and seek,
I squeezed a toy so it would squeak.
I pulled a wagon, sang a song,
Taught a child right from wrong.
What did I do this whole day through?
Not much that shows,
I guess that's true.
Unless you think that what I've done,
Might be important to someone
With deep green eyes and soft red hair,
If that is true...
I've done my share.