Monday, June 2, 2008

Busy-ness

Why do things always seem to fall on the same day?

I will have stretches of days with nothing "planned", and then there are days like today when I feel like I'm running from one commitment to the next!

I had an OB appointment this morning and went straight to a lunch at our Pregnancy Support Center, now I'm home to grab a few extra diapers and Dot, and re-pack the Bug's bag and then I'm dropping her off for a play date while I volunteer at the PSC, then I go straight to tutoring.

In the meantime (what meantime?) I've spent some time with the Lord, I've baked my Amish Friendship Bread, attempted to pull two ticks off our cat (and failed miserably), showered, fed a changed the Bug, and washed a load of diapers. I feel like a machine!

Sometimes I feel myself slipping into a human doing instead of a human being. How does one avoid such slippage?!

1 comment:

Tom Burger said...

I don't think you avoid it. Busy-ness is a part of life. It's just a matter of finding balance.

Jesus didn't rebuke Martha for being busy. It was her house and her responsibility to be a good hostess. She just got too caught up. There has to be a balance between Martha's work and Mary's devotion. That makes us real people who live in a real world and serve the Lord to the best of our ability.

Some days are overwhelming. Others are boring. But He's the Lord of every one of them.